Maps and Geography
Table of Contents
About The Book
Discover the fun facts about the world and become a master of geography with this interactive trivia book from Jeopardy! champ and New York Times bestselling author Ken Jennings.
With this Junior Genius Guide to maps and geography, you’ll become an expert and wow your friends and teachers with clever facts: Did you know that the biggest desert in the world is actually covered in snow? Or that Christopher Columbus wasn’t the first to think that the Earth was round? With great illustrations, cool trivia, and fun quizzes to test your knowledge, this guide will have you on your way to whiz-kid status in no time!
About The Illustrator
Mike Lowery is an illustrator and fine artist whose work has been seen in galleries and publications internationally. Mike is the illustrator of Moo Hoo and Ribbit Rabbit by Candace Ryan; The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School by Laura Murray; and the Doctor Proctor’s Fart Powder novels by Jo Nesbø. Currently he is a professor of illustration at the Savannah College of Art and Design in Atlanta, Georgia, where he lives with a lovely German frau, Katrin, and his super genius daughter, Allister. Visit him at MikeLowery.com.
- Publisher: Little Simon (February 4, 2014)
- Length: 160 pages
- ISBN13: 9781442473294
- Ages: 8 - 10
- Lexile ® NC1090L The Lexile reading levels have been certified by the Lexile developer, MetaMetrics®
Awards and Honors
- CBC/NCSS Notable Social Studies Trade Book
- Kansas NEA Reading Circle List Junior Title
- Washington State Book Award Finalist
Resources and Downloads
Common Core Suggestion
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Maps and Geography eBook 9781442473294
- Author Photo (jpg): Ken Jennings Faith Jennings(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit